Installing the Patch and Upgrading Servers:
Sounds very simple… right?? So, to increase a Column Length of a List Column, what we need to do is :
Note: Deletion of this file will result in lost of all the preferences set the by user. Even I remember, due to this .SPF file only, we came across one another issue related to Views/Responsibilities. User was not able to see a newly added view under the Opportunity Screen, while the newly created responsibility was already been added to the user profile. Later we deleted the .spf file of the user and all worked well.
repimexp -a i -g ALL -c siebsrvr_siebelsystest -u sadmin -p sadmin -d siebel -r "Siebel Repository" -H 2000 -f c:Siebel_Repository.dat -l c:Siebel_Repository_Import.log
4. Perform a DDLSYNC to apply database level DDL operations to be in sync with the new repository. To do this run the following commands in order:
ddldict -u sadmin -p sadmin -c siebsrvr_siebelsystest -d siebel -f ../schema.ddl -e y -a y -l ../DDLDICT.log -n "Siebel Repository" -T DCIR
ddlimp -u siebel -p siebel -c siebsrvr_siebelsystest -g SSE_ROLE -f ../schema.ddl -e n -B SIEB_TBLSPC -X SIEB_INDX -R Y -s Y -l ../ddlsync1.log
ddlimp -u siebel -p siebel -c siebsrvr_siebelsystest -g SSE_ROLE -f ../schema.ddl -e y -B SIEB_TBLSPC -X SIEB_INDX -R Y -s Y -l ../ddlsync2.log
5. Deploy files to the Siebel Servers. These files include the SRF, web templates, image files, configuration files, etc.
6. Generate browser scripts using genbscript. Something like this if you navigate to the bin directory on the siebel servers:
genbscript ./siebel.cfg ../webmaster
6. Start up the Siebel Servers.
7. Activate any new or updated workflows in the Administration – Business Process > Workflow Deployment view.
8. Compile any new or updated PLSQL procedures or packages.
9. Deploy master data changes. This would include any changes required to LOVS, runtime events, state models, assessment templates, etc. All master data changes.
10. Restart the Siebel Servers.
11. (Optionally) Execute any data updates through EIM and/or business service. If these data updates are quite large involving changes to a lot of data then you would most likely want to regenerate the database statistics through consultation with a DBA.